See you back next week!
People, I'm going to England in about 5 hours!
- Steven Moffat: Sherlock wants sex with women. He just abstains from it.
- Benedict Cumberbatch: Sherlock's straight, he just has a bromance with John.
- Martin Freeman: Sherlock and John...They're in love.
- Mark Gatiss: SHERLOCK'S GAY FOR JOHN. THEY COMPLETE EACH OTHER. FORGET SUBTEXT, LET'S JUST MAKE IT HOMOEROTIC.
- ^ Let's go with Gatiss' idea. I like that one. XD
Billy & Dom comment on the main cast during the Two Towers end credits
- Dominic: *Elijah Wood* Don't know who that joker was there. Ian McKellan?
- Billy: A classic actor.
- Dominic: Cooks a fantastic egg fu yung. Liv Tyler?
- Billy: Beautiful.
- Dominic: Gorgeous. Viggo Mortenson?
- Billy: Mad as a fish.
- Dominic: Smells a little bit. Sean Astin? Was fat, now thin. Cate Blanchett? She's beautifuuul.
- Billy: One of the most beautiful women in the world. John Rhys-Davies? One of the most beautiful men.
- Dominic: Tall, lives in the [?]. Bernard Hill? Lives in Manchester.
- Billy: Crashed the titanic
- Dominic: Loves John Lennon. Christopher Lee?
- Billy: Made more movies than anyone else.
- Dominic: Billy Boyd? Scot!
- Billy: Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen. Dominic Monaghan?
- Dominic: Incredible character, full of fish. Orlando Bloom? Couldn't be more beautiful.
- Billy: Hugo Weaving? Matrix.
- Dominic: *laughs* Miranda Otto? She's from Australia; her dad's an actor!
- Billy: David Wenham? Also Australian.
- Dominic: Daisy Wenham. Brad Dourif? He won an oscar for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest.
- Billy: Andy Serkis as Gollum movement wise.
- Dominic: Sean Bean? He was shot!
Hey I was the one who asked you that question on omegle. That was awesome.
You stayed there all the time? I love you! ahaha!
“You’ll never see a more obsessively authentic version of Sherlock Holmes than this one… because it’s being motored by a couple of geeks!” — Steven Moffat, on BBC Sherlock
In the Writers' Room: Sherlock Series 3
- Gatiss: Okay, Steven, everyone's going crazy trying to figure out how Sherlock survived that fall, so we're going to need a really clever solution.
- Moffat: Sherlock stood on top of St. Bart's. And then--
- Gatiss: Yes?
- Moffat: More disco music.
- Gatiss: What? No. It was funny at the pool, but--
- Moffat: More. Disco. Music.
- Gatiss: How does that even explain--
- Moffat: Gloria Gaynor.
- Gatiss: But you were talking about all the clues being--
- Moffat: First I was afraid. I was petrified.
- Gatiss: You don't need to sing it. I know the song.
- Moffat: Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side.
- Gatiss: Molly. Molly definitely has a part in it, right?
- Moffat: But I spent so many nights, thinking how you did me wrong, and I grew strong. And I learned how to carry on.
- Gatiss: Stop it. Stop it right now. Did the garbage truck break Sherlock's fa--
- Moffat: Oh no, not I.
- Gatiss: STEVEN. No! He used the ball to stop his pulse! The dummy that was hanging in the flat was wearing a mask! Something! Anything!
- Moffat: I WILL SURVIVE. AS LONG AS I KNOW HOW TO LOVE I KNOW I'LL STAY ALIVE.
- Gatiss: Please, please, Steven. I'm begging you as your friend--
- Moffat: I. Will. Survive.
- Gatiss: Fuck it. Fine.